SIE Fund’s special cohort - Call for innovative proposals addressing mental health and well-being in Hong Kong
Well-being and mental health have become issues of concern, especially under the COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertain economic environment. In response to this emerging need, HKCSS’ Impact Incubator is calling for applications from the start-up/ growing/ scale-up stages.
We are looking for projects that aim to address mental health and well-being issues amongst local youth, elderly and other disadvantaged groups in Hong Kong. The projects should also relate to poverty alleviation, prevention or social inclusion.
We will organise a briefing session on 28 September 2021 for potential applicants to find out more details about this special cohort (click here to register now!). Besides, two engagement activities are scheduled in September 2021, to help potential applicants understand existing services which addressing issues relevant to mental health and well-being.
This special cohort opens to organisations and companies (limited by guarantee or limited by shares) to apply. Applicants should submit their applications through the Impact Incubator’s online application system on or before 28 October 2021.
The special cohort’s details are summarised below:
- Organisations (e.g. tax-exempted organisations, societies) registered in Hong Kong
- companies (limited by guarantee or limited by shares) registered in Hong Kong
Types of funding stage
- Start-up stage: A social project or social enterprise which has already been tested or launched to market. A business/ sustainability plan to support the project is required.
- Growing stage: A social project or social enterprise which has already demonstrated initial track records in both business model and social impact, and has a potential to grow.
- Scale-up stage: A social project or social enterprise which has already demonstrated proven social impact and sustainability. A solid plan to scale up the project is required.
Duration and funding size
- Maximum project duration: 3 years
- No upper ceiling for the requested funding amount
- At least 50% matching funds are required*
*Matching Fund excludes SIE Fund and all other Government funding. It includes in-cash or in-kind sponsorship from local and overseas private donors, foundation and private investors. In-kind sponsorship refers to sponsorship of rental and equipment, thus the applicant should submit documents to support the valuation of the in-kind matching fund. The matching fund amount will be subject to relevant terms and conditions and will be confirmed after the SIE Fund’s approval.
Start-up and Growing
Vision and social impact
Project management and execution
Activity 1: Application of technology to improve quality of life for all ages
Activity 2: Self-healing and art as a form of social innovation
- Submit your application online on or before 28 October 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Eligibilities checking and pre-screening vetting through your submitted proposal and budget
- Pitching Day (JVC) on 22 or 23 Dec 2021
**If your application requests HKD 500,000 or above from the SIE Fund, further assessment by the Proposal Assessment Committee (PAC) of the SIE Fund Task Force is needed.
Application at Start-up/ Growing/ Scale-up stages
1. Application form
3. Budget Plan
4. Signed Self-declaration form
5. Corporate governance plan (Chinese version only) /Articles of Association
✔ (CG Plan Template)
6. Registration documents e.g. Business Registration Certificate, Certificate of Incorporation
7. Matching fund proof
Tel: 2876 2492